Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011


A few years ago I spent some time on trains in Europe. I LOVED it. I traveled from London, England to Edinburgh, Scotland and it was amazing! I also took the Chunnel (the train that goes under the English Channel) from London to Paris! It was cool! In fact I wrote one of my first songs on that train after a distressing phone call from South Africa. In the end I love travelling, especially across beautiful landscapes - I can just stare out the window for hours and usually I get lots of inspiration.

Anyway, today I saw a movie about two strangers on a train going across Europe.  I think there is something in us all that wishes we would meet a beautiful stranger on a train in a foreign country and fall in love - I did :)

This movie is so HONEST and so REAL even if some may thing it to be unrealistic. I found myself really believing these characters and this story. It's a love story through and through, a story of two people who find love unexpectedly. It's shot in (what seems like) one continuous streem of events and covers less than 24 hours and at the end you really feel how much they care about each other. It pulled at my heart strings. 

There is a sequel (Before Sunset) to this film, but I found this the first movie, Before Sunrise (1995) to be significantly better. It's inspiring and a reminder that life is best when we seize the moments that we receive. The performance by Ethan Hawke (Jesse) and Julie Delpy (Celine) are amazing and I found this young couple's conversations and raw authenticity very refreshing! I highly recommend it.  

Rated R for language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment