Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

MAKE HABIT YOUR SERVANT

Consider this statement by Samuel Johnson: "The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken!" 


Examine your habits. Where are they taking you? 

I AM . . . 
• I am your constant companion. 
• I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden. 
• I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
• I am completely at your command.
• Half the things you do, you might as well turn them over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.
• I am easily managed, you must merely be firm with me.
• Show me exactly how you want something done and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically.
• I am the servant of all great men and, alas, of all failures as well.
• Those who are great, I have made great.
• Those who are failures, I have made failures.
• I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine, plus the intelligence of a human being.
• You may run me for profit or run me for ruin -- it makes no difference to me.
• Take me. Train me. Be firm with me and I will put the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you.

I AM . . . HABIT.







Note:
(I got this from Facebook and there was no author referenced to this). 

No comments:

Post a Comment